Friday, January 01, 2016

Friday, January 01, 2016



Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has hit back at his critics in an interview with El Mundo (h/t Marca), saying “even God” can't please everyone and he doesn't plan on changing his demeanor anytime soon.


The full interview is set to be published on Sunday, but El Mundo released some of the forward's best quotes in advance:

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I go to bed with a clear conscience and sleep well every night.We can't obsess over what others think of us. Otherwise, we would not be living. Even God couldn't please everyone?”
Cristiano went on to acknowledge that the way he expresses himself out on the pitch has an impact on his public image. "It's a spontaneous thing, I don't plan it, I react because I don't like losing. And sometimes I regret it afterwards."
Admitting he is set in his ways, CR7 concluded: "If this is how I am, if everything I've achieved in football has made me this way, I can't be expected to change. If you ask me improve, I accept the challenge. But changing is really hard.”
 The 30-year-old is coming off another sensational year from an individual perspective, but things haven't been so great for his team. Real Madrid didn't win a single trophy in 2015, and controversy has followed Los Blancos throughout the year".

Real haven't played their best football in the past few months and currently sit two points behind rivals Barcelona in the standings, with the latter holding a match in hand. New manager Rafa Benitez has hardly hit the ground running, and the Bernabeu crowd has frequently voiced its disapproval.

0 comments:

Post a Comment