Thursday, December 03, 2015

Thursday, December 03, 2015

The Nigerian starlet is not fazed by the lack of steady playing time he has had at the club and remains upbeat about the chances of making his mark with the CitizensManchester City whiz Kelechi Iheanacho is confident that he will have the chance to play regularly for the Citizens someday.
Iheanacho came off the substitute bench to score in the City’s 4-1 defeat of Hull City in a Capital One quarter final game played at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday night.

Despite being overlooked in his side’s 3-1 defeat of Southampton, the former Flying Eagles’ star stressed he is relishing life at the club and that his time would come.

“City are a big team and I am just coming up as a young player, so I am not worried,” Iheanacho told club website.

“One day I will start playing regularly for the team. There are plenty of good players in the EDS, and I feel like I am flying the flag for them – they can all do what I am doing.

“I get the feeling the fans love me, and I love them as well!”

The 19-year old speaks about the senior strikers at the club and how they give him advice to improve his game, as well as talking about his development from the EDS to the first team.

“They talk to me every day in training, giving me advice and encouraging me to keep going and doing well,” he continued.

“They tell me I will be a great player one day, so I will keep listening and working hard.

“The manager also gives me great advice, telling me to play simple and score goals.

“It’s always a pleasure to score a goal, and it was a good goal, a good reaction to run to the front post.

“I anticipate every time someone is crossing the ball – I knew where Raheem would put it so I made the run,” he concluded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment